DUBLIN, November 26, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Water Desalination Equipment Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Technology (Reverse Osmosis (RO), Multistage Flash Distillation (MSF)), by source, by application, by region and segment forecast, The 2020 – 2028 report “has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global water desalination equipment market size is expected to reach $ 22.79 billion by 2028. It is expected to increase at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2020 to 2028.
Growing water scarcity, depletion of freshwater reserves, and rapid advancements in desalination technologies are expected to positively impact the growth of the market.
Deteriorating environmental factors, such as weather fluctuations, increased pollution and deforestation, have resulted in water scarcity and drought scenarios across the world. Governments of various countries are investing in the development of desalination plants to combat this situation, which is expected to stimulate the market.
The increasing adoption of renewables for desalination of water is gaining ground in the market as conventional systems require a considerable amount of energy to operate, making them expensive and impractical for use in underdeveloped countries. Such developments are expected to drive the demand for water desalination equipment during the forecast period.
Key players such as Veolia and Suez have subsidiaries that benefit from the international presence of parent companies. Many companies are also investing in outsourcing R&D facilities to developing economies which can be used to expand their geographic presence and reduce overall production costs by sourcing raw materials from the regional market.
Highlights of Water Desalination Equipment Market Report
- The reverse osmosis technology segment accounted for more than 55% of global turnover in 2020 due to its inexpensive installation cost, ease of processing, ability to process various types of water from diet and its minimal use of chemicals.
- The municipal applications segment accounted for more than 50% of the global revenue share in 2020 due to the growth of the urban population, coupled with the expansion of mega-cities which are straining the available water sources, thus increasing the availability of water sources. market growth
- The seawater sources segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2028 due to the increasing scarcity of water for domestic and industrial use, which is expected to be a key factor in increasing demand. of seawater desalination.
- The Middle East and Africa accounted for over 40% of global revenues in 2020. This is attributed to the scarcity of water resources in the region, which is likely to create a high demand for water desalination equipment during the forecast period
- In july 2020, Abu Dhabi Department of Energy (DoE) has started construction of the world’s largest water desalination plant at the Al Taweelah Power and Water Complex, which is expected to be completed by 2022
- Acciona SA
- Aquatech International LLC
- Biwater Holdings Limited
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
- Genesis Water Technologies
- Guangzhou Kangyang Seawater Desalination Equipment Co., Ltd. (Kysearo)
- Ide Technologies
For more information on this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7cf1r
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for market research reports and international market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, major companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets