Hi there, Lakewood. I’m here in your inbox this morning to update you on everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Here is the truth.
Tuesday’s weather: Partly sunny and pleasant. High: 81 Low: 55.
Congratulations to our first local sponsor:
Looking to buy a house in Lakewood? What if we could introduce you to a top notch local real estate agent who is driven, savvy and has deep local market expertise? Meet Ryan Penn, Founder of 360dwellings Real Estate. Ryan has been in real estate for nearly 20 years, has a perfect 5-star rating on Yelp and Google, and earns an A+ rating from clients on Expertise.com. If you buy and sell in the Lakewood area, work with the best. Contact Ryan Penn today.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are today’s top stories in Lakewood:
- Three counties in Colorado have moved to the worst COVID-19 category. While most of us have tried to get back to normal after two years of living with the pandemic, the COVID-19 virus continues to spread and pose challenges for county health departments across the state. (FOX31)
- Landscaping that maximizes water designed especially for Denver. 5280 offers you custom renders and plant choices here for the Colorado environment. This is a perfect opportunity to explore xeriscape design and how it could work in your backyard. (5280)
- Outdoor resale properties are booming in Colorado. Outdoor gear resale stores say sales are driven, in part, by the consumer’s desire for affordability and environmental awareness. (The low)
- First home in Louisville opens after Marshall Fire. The first home to begin the rebuilding process opened in Louisville on Monday, on Larkspur Lane. The owner, Jessica Carson, is delighted to replace her house which was destroyed by the fire. (KOAA)
- As gasoline prices hit record highs, this could impact summer travel. With the highest gas prices ever in Colorado, how will rising costs affect your summer travel plans? (CPR)
Today in Lakewood:
- Chromebook basics: Jeffco Business and Workforce Center. (9:00 a.m.)
- Baby time: Lakewood Library. (9:15 a.m.)
- West Metro Fire Rescue: Dakota Ridge High School. (Midday)
- Basics of Microsoft Word: Belmar Library. (1 p.m.)
- DeLong Park Ribbon Cutting: Golden Town Hall. (5:30 p.m.)
- Network and nature: Matthews/Winters Park. (5:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today. I’ll see you first thing Wednesday morning with a brand new edition of the Lakewood Daily! — Brad K. Evans
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Lakewood Daily? Contact me at Lakewoodpatch@gmail.com