SAN FRANCISCO, November 18, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The World water desalination equipment market size is expected to reach $ 22.79 billion by 2028, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected increase at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2020 to 2028. Growing water scarcity, depletion of freshwater reserves, and rapid advancements in desalination technologies are expected to positively impact the growth of the market.
Main lessons and findings:
- The reverse osmosis technology segment accounted for over 55.0% of global revenue in 2020 due to its inexpensive installation cost, ease of processing, ability to process various types of feed water and its minimal use of chemicals.
- The municipal applications segment accounted for more than 50.0% of global revenue share in 2020 due to the growth of the urban population coupled with the expansion of mega-cities which are straining the available water sources, thus increasing market growth
- The seawater sources segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2028 due to the increasing scarcity of water for domestic and industrial use, which is expected to be a key factor in increasing demand. of seawater desalination.
- The Middle East and Africa accounted for over 40.0% of global revenue share in 2020. This is attributed to the scarcity of water resources in the region, which is likely to create a high demand for water desalination equipment during this period. the forecast period
- In july 2020, Abu Dhabi Department of Energy (DoE) has started construction of the world’s largest water desalination plant at the Al Taweelah Power and Water Complex, which is expected to be completed by 2022
Read the 137-page research report, “Water Desalination Equipment Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Technology (Reverse Osmosis (RO), Multi-Stage Flash Distillation (MSF)), by Source, by Application, by region and segment forecast, 2020-2028“, by Grand View Research
Deteriorating environmental factors, such as weather fluctuations, increased pollution and deforestation, have resulted in water scarcity and drought scenarios across the world. Governments of various countries are investing in the development of desalination plants to combat this situation, which is expected to stimulate the market.
The increasing adoption of renewables for desalination of water is gaining ground in the market as conventional systems require a considerable amount of energy to operate, making them expensive and impractical for use in underdeveloped countries. Such developments are expected to drive the demand for water desalination equipment during the forecast period.
Key players such as Veolia and Suez have subsidiaries that benefit from the international presence of parent companies. Many companies are also investing in outsourcing R&D facilities to developing economies which can be used to expand their geographic presence and reduce overall production costs by sourcing raw materials from the regional market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global water desalination equipment market on the basis of source, technology, application, and region:
- Water Desalination Equipment Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2028)
- Sea water
- Brackish water
- River water
- Water Desalination Equipment Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2028)
- Reverse osmosis (RO)
- Multi-Stage Flash Distillation (MSF)
- Multi-effect distillation (MED)
- Water Desalination Equipment Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2028)
- Regional Outlook for Water Desalination Equipment (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of key players in the water desalination equipment market
- Acciona SA
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
- IDE Technologies
- Aquatech International LLC
- Biwater Holdings Limited
- Genesis Water Technologies
- Guangzhou KangYang Seawater Desalination Equipment Co., Ltd. (KYSEARO).
Find more research reports on Water and sludge treatment industry, by Grand View Research:
- Spiral Membranes Market– The global spiral membranes market size is expected to reach $ 13.3 billion by 2027, registering a 10.9% CAGR, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc.
- Water Treatment Systems Market– The size of the global water treatment systems market is expected to be assessed at $ 44.01 billion by 2025, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc., showing a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period.
- Point of Entry Water Treatment Systems Market– The global point-of-entry water treatment systems market size is expected to reach $ 10.8 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 4.1%, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc.
Go to Grand View Compass, our intuitive BI-enabled market research database of over 10,000 reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a United States-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated and personalized research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and headquartered at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports provide in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps renowned Fortune 500 companies and academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess opportunities as they arise.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [email protected]
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.